Bale rules out retirement with World Cup in mind

    Gareth Bale has ruled out the possibility of playing his last game for Wales or even retiring from football.

    The Welsh captain withdrew from a TV interview after Saturday’s 4-0 defeat by Denmark ended his team’s run at Euro 2020 in the last 16.

    For all the latest news, follow the Daily News Google News channel.

    Bale said at the end of his season at Tottenham from Real Madrid last month that he knew where his future lay, but claimed it would “wreak havoc” if he revealed it before the European Championship.

    However, he dismissed rumors that he could retire from the sport as he saw Wales make their World Cup debut since 1958.

    “I want to keep playing,” Bale told Welsh television channel S4C shortly after the end of a previous interview when asked about his international future.

    “People ask silly questions all the time, but obviously I like playing for Wales.

    “I will play for Wales until the day I stop playing football.”

    Wales’ World Cup qualifier continues in September with a double header away from Belarus and Estonia.

    They seem ready for a battle with the Czech Republic for second in the group behind Belgium, which will guarantee a playoff for the finals in Qatar in 18 months.

    “We just started the World Cup campaign and said there now we have to get that experience there,” Bale added.

    “I feel we have a very good way to play when we play well.

    “We just have to keep the confidence high, keep playing football and I think we can qualify for the next World Cup.”

    Newsvibe24 Source